Individual Database Searches
Death Index Search
The Social Security Administration Death Master File contains information on
millions of deceased individuals with United States social security numbers
whose deaths were reported to the Social Security Administration. Birth years
for the individuals listed range from 1875 to last year. Information in these
records includes name, birth date, death date, and last known residence.
How to Search these Records
- Change dates around (e.g. instead of searching for 5 Oct 1954 [10/5/54],
search for 10 May 1954 [5/10/54])
- Change years around (e.g. 1984 becomes 1948)
- Use all other possible spellings of the name (and perhaps some that aren't
- Switch last name and first name around
- Try searching for a middle name as a first name
- Even if you know a piece of information, try omitting it (e.g. if you know
first and last name and death date, try leaving off the first name).
What sources are searched?
What information is returned?
- Social Security Administration Death Master File
- Last name
- First name
- Social Security Number
- State issued
- Birth date
- Death date
- Last residence
- Lump sum payment
Individual Database Searches (MEMBERS ONLY)
As soon as you
Submit your Membership Application (NO FEES) you will be be able to
order this Report.