|National Death Index -
The Social Security Administration Death Master File
contains information on millions of deceased individuals with United States
social security numbers whose deaths were reported to the Social Security
Administration. Birth years for the individuals listed range from 1875 to last
year. Information in these records includes name, birth date, death date, and
last known residence.
How to Search these Records
- Change dates around (e.g. instead of searching for 5 Oct 1954 [10/5/54],
search for 10 May 1954 [5/10/54])
- Change years around (e.g. 1984 becomes 1948)
- Use all other possible spellings of the name (and perhaps some that aren't
- Switch last name and first name around
- Try searching for a middle name as a first name
- Even if you know a piece of information, try omitting it (e.g. if you know
first and last name and death date, try leaving off the first name).
What sources are searched?
What information is returned?
- Social Security Administration Death Master File
- Last name
- First name
- Social Security Number
- State issued
- Birth date
- Death date
- Last residence
- Lump sum payment
Individual Database Searches (MEMBERS ONLY)
As soon as you
Submit your Membership Application (NO FEES) you will be be able to
order this Report.